Rebel Wilson should receive more than $7 million in damages for a series of defamatory articles that branded her a serial liar and caused her to miss film roles, her lawyers say.
The "extremely conservative" figure was submitted by her defence team following the star's defamation win last week against gossip magazine publisher Bauer Media.
Ms Wilson's barrister Matt Collins QC told the Victorian Supreme Court she should receive $5.893 million in special damages – which would cover the loss of one film role – and general damages of $1.2 million, bringing total damages sought to $7.093 million.
"There's certainly a degree of art and a degree of guesswork involved," Dr Collins said during closing submissions on Wednesday.
Hollywood agent and producer Peter Principato – a 20-year industry veteran with 50 clients – said Ms Wilson was the hottest name being tossed around after the success of her film Pitch Perfect 2.
"Rebel was one of those actors that every studio was ... trying to find projects for," he told the court via videolink.
Mr Principato said Ms Wilson could have commanded $US5 million to $US6 million ($6.6 million - $7.9 million) a film, plus box office bonuses, following the film's success.
That was double the estimated $US2 million to $US3 million fellow comic actor Amy Schumer could command at that time, he added.
Besides roles in the films Snatched, starring Schumer, and Bad Moms – which Ms Wilson rejected – Mr Principato said Ms Wilson was also suitable to star in Ghostbusters.
But despite Ms Wilson's "strong female comedic voice", for some reason her fame stopped after the movie.
"Ms Wilson was no longer on everyone's lips in the industry," Mr Principato said in a report to the court.
"She was submitted for many projects for which she was not hired."
Bauer Media – the publisher of Woman's Day, Australian Women's Weekly, NW and OK magazine – was found to have defamed Ms Wilson in eight articles in May 2015 by claiming she was a serial liar about her real name, age and childhood in order to make it in Hollywood.
Mr Principato said he did not know any reason – aside from the Bauer articles – why Ms Wilson would not have received at least two to three offers per year after Pitch Perfect 2.
"It is my opinion that Bauer's publications resulted in a decrease of Ms Wilson's acting work," he said.
Ms Wilson's counsel said the "calculated" and "baseless" attack on the actor was devastating for her, and Bauer media had refused to correct the record or apologise.
Justice John Dixon said he would not deliver judgment before July 1.
Closing submissions continue on Thursday.